Do you have your numbers under control, but have some other things you need help with in your business. Maybe you have some questions about a business opportunity that you want to run past someone.
I while back I became a Certified Management Accountant (CMA). As a CMA, I specialize in financial decision making, which means I have been trained in how to:
- Reporting financial results
- Putting together budgets and forecasts, and set up a plan to achieve your business goals
- Making decisions about investment opportunities
Because I have this expertise, I can offer you additional services to help you grow your business. As such, I can help you with:
Putting Together a Reporting Package – The financial statements used by most businesses may not give you an accurate picture of what you need to work on to improve and improve your business. I can prepare a monthly report gives insight into where your business is financially, as well as highlighting areas of concern that need to be worked on.
Putting Together a Budget – In business, you want to have a plan to help get you where you want to go. I can help you create a budget that will take into account all the variables you need to run your business, and I also will provide monthly feedback on where you stand in relation to what you had budgeted, and what actions you need to take to help your business grow.
Analyze Your Working Capital – You need cash to run your business. To make sure you have as much as you need to run your business, I will review your financials to determine if
- It would be better to switch to a lockbox system to speed up the time it takes to receive payments from your customers
- You should move some cash to a marketable security account. Too much cash sitting in a bank account without a use for it will deprive you of the interest that could be earned on the excess cash. I will analyze your options and present walk you through each would mean for you and your business.
- You should offer an early payment discount on invoices. Having cash in your hands is more valuable than cash in your customers hands. Giving up a small discount to get that cash might be worth it. I will analyze and present your options.
- You are collecting your receivables fast enough, or if your customers are using the credit, you are extending them to build their own business. You are not your banker, and I will show you what it is costing you to allow them to not pay their invoices.
- You are paying you payables at an appropriate time, or if you could hold off on paying them to have working capital to build their business.
- You are carrying the appropriate level of inventory. Holding too much in stock ties up cash you could use for other things, but not having enough will cost you sales. I can help you determine the correct amount.
Complete Analysis of Your Financial Statements – Your financial statements are more than just your cash balance. Using ratios and other methods I have been trained on, I will perform a financial analysis of your business to determine its financial health. I can do this as a one-time project, or do it monthly to make sure you keep on track.
Cash Flow Forecast – Cash is the lifeblood of your business. You need to be sure that you have enough coming in to keep your business running. I can forecast your cash flow to show you when you may need additional financing to get through a period where cash isn’t coming in as quickly.
Analyzing Loan Options – Sometimes you need to get a loan to finance an expansion, or to get your business through a rough spot. I can provide an analysis of the different loan options you can use to finance your business.
Do you need help with any of these things, or just need to chat about your financial situation? Get in touch with me at [email protected] so we can chat about your needs.